THE COMEBACK SPECIAL DOCUMENTS THE THE's TRIUMPHANT ROYAL ALBERT HALL CONCERT ON 5TH JUNE 2018.
“When you combine the right songs with the right musicians and an audience that never forgot, it’s like coming home.” - Pete Paphides
Performing live for the first time in 16 years with a headline appearance at Denmark’s Heartland Festival a few days before the Royal Albert Hall concert, the rejuvenated THE THE, which featured previous members James Eller on bass, DC Collard on keyboards and Earl Harvin on drums and new member Barrie Cadogan on guitar alongside Matt Johnson, would go on to play sold-out shows and make festival headline appearances across the globe throughout 2018.
The Royal Albert Hall concert was the first of a trio of London shows during The Comeback Special tour—the others taking place at Brixton Academy and The Troxy—all of which sold out within minutes of going on sale.
This exquisitely designed 136 page art book tells the whole story behind The Comeback Special, with hundreds of behind-the-scenes photos, film stills, contributions and stories, as well as 7 discs including exclusive audio content, plus director Tim Pope’s beautifully shot, unobtrusive film of the show.
- Features previously unseen artwork by Andy Dog, lyrics to all songs on the set list, a foreword by Pete Paphides, contributions by band members and collaborators
- 'Conversations by Candlelight', a Radio Cinéola broadcast over a bottle of Jura whiskey with Matt Johnson and Tim Pope + acoustic snippets of selected songs
- 'Book Narration', a Radio Cinéola broadcast with Matt Johnson and Jackson Ewald Johnson offering a guided tour of the book
- 'Morning Becomes Eclectic' (interview + 6 acoustic performances at KCRW in LA during the tour: 'The Beat(en) Generation', 'Heartland', 'This Is The Day, 'Slow Emotion Replay', 'Armageddon Days', 'Lonely Planet')
- Exclusive 10” vinyl featuring ‘DJ Food’s ‘Stolen Moments’ remix of ‘Global Eyes’ and ‘I Saw The Light’ performed at Festival No. 6