Chart-topping electronic music godfather Adamski presents a unique box set of ten 10 records featuring celebrated acts such as Lee Scratch Perry, Congo Natty, and David McAlmont. Taking inspiration from the waltz music with which he became enamored during a spell in Venezuela, Adamski serves up an album that works as a not-so-gentle reminder for a generation of producers who regularly cite him as an influence - a reminder that he is still at the cutting edge of electronic music. From it's very beginnings, the waltz was revolutionary. It still is. It's roots are somewhat obscure, but what is known is that the first music labelled waltzen was a spinning dance popular among peasants in rural parts of Austria, Bavaria, and Bohemia in the mid-18th century. It was danced in 3/4 time with an accent on the first beat of every measure. Revolt is steeped in this sound - 3/4 beats at odds with a 4/4-saturated world. Parts of the album were recorded at Adrian Sherwood's legendary On-U Sound studio, including a track with the critically acclaimed David McAlmont - known primarily for his work with Bernard Butler, David lends vocals to the Last Waltz, an Engelbert Humperdinck cover. The cover is dedicated to the late, great Frankie Knuckles and directly references his seminal house classic Your Love. There are also two tracks in collaboration with the legendary Lee Scratch Perry as well as a bombastic track with Bishi. Guests are varied but all share a similar passion for their craft - check out the huge collaboration with Rowdy SS for evidence of that. Adamski reflects upon his signature futurewaltz sound: After 25 years in the nightspots of the world providing sci-fi beats for hedonists, and even longer as a consumer of all the best scenes from glam rock to grime, I am now spurting all my creative juice into what I call futurewaltz... I realized just how sexy and groovy the waltz rhythm can be after hearing it's influence in the folk music of Venezuela, which is a country I visit a lot... I became fascinated and inspired by the history of the waltz and it's social and cultural significance. Also includes collaborations with Shanki, Buck Dexter, the Children of Bohemia, Digitalcocaine, Sirena, Triple xxx Mystix, Betty Adewole, Asia Argento, Eloise X, the Vortex of Chaos, Leigh Bowerys Minty, Irregular Joe, and Balearik Blitz.
01. Adamski and Lee 'Scratch' Perry - 3Step4Ever (Feat. MC Wildflower)
02. Adamski and Lee 'Scratch' Perry - Boo Pope
03. Shanki - Golden Brown
04. Shanki - Tru Luv
05. Adamski Presents Buck Dexter - Pump Up the Waltz
06. the Children of Bohemia - Spin
07. Digitalcocaine - Num Generation
08. Sirena - My Daddy Was a Rockstar
09. Triple XXX Mystix - the Roof of the Whirled
10. Adamski and Congo Natty - London Dungeon
11. Betty Adewole - Dazednconfuzed
12. Rowdy SS and Adamski - Futura Data (Feat. Shanki)
13. Adamski and Asia Argento - Oom Dada
14. Eloise X - the Shanghai Skyline
15. Bishi - Leaving U
16. the Vortex of Chaos - Artificial Waltz
17. Leigh Bowerys Minty Vs. Adamski - Useless Man (3Step Version)
18. Irregular Joe - Shake It 123
19. Balearik Blitz - Born 2 B a DJ
20. McAlmont and Adamski - the Last Waltz
Each record is protected within its record sleeve by a white vellum anti-dust sleeve.
All items are shipped brand-new and unopened in original packaging. Every record is shipped in original factory-applied shrink wrap and has never been touched by human hands.