After retiring from the Jamaican police force, Arthur Duke Reid established his Treasure Isle liquor store and Trojan sound system in Pink Lane, Kingston, and was crowned the undisputed King of Sound and Blues in 1956, '57, and '58. The Duke then moved into record production, and, after relocating Treasure Isle to 33 Bond Street, he built a recording studio above the store in 1966. According to the musicians and singers involved, the wooden construction of the Treasure Isle recording studio gave the music a distinctive warmth and richness, and with resident engineer Byron Baron/Smithy Smith at the controls, the sound of a Bond Street recording was immediately recognizable. But the Studio One sound is different to the Treasure Isle sound! The people have to know... -Bunny Striker Lee. A glittering selection of Striker's Treasure Isle recordings are featured on this compilation; sit back and enjoy the set. Includes tracks by Derrick Morgan, Pat Kelly, Slim Smith, Roy Shirley, Stranger Cole, Lester Sterling, Don T Lee, Johnny Clarke, U Roy & Jeff Barnes, Roland Alphonso, Lloyd & The Groovers, Max Romeo, and Ernest Wilson.
01. Derrick Morgan - I Do It
02. Pat Kelly - Work Man's Song
03. Slim Smith - Everybody Needs Love
04. Roy Shirley - Music Field
05. Stranger Cole & Lester Sterling - Bangarang
06. Don't Lee - It's Reggae Time
07. Johnny Clarke - My Desire
08. U Roy & Jeff Barnes - Wake the Nation
09. Roland Alphonso - One Thousand Tons of Megaton
10. Derrick Morgan - Belly Woman
11. Lloyd & the Groovers - Do It to Me Baby
12. Max Romeo - Wet Dream
13. Lester Sterling - Soul Voyage
14. Ernest Wilson - Come Back to Me
15. I Roy - City Slicker*
16. Owen Gray - Give a Hand to the Little Ones*
17. Max Romeo - How Many Roads*
18. Derrick Morgan - My First Taste of Love*
Each record is protected within its record sleeve by a white vellum anti-dust sleeve.
All items are shipped brand-new and unopened in original packaging. Every record is shipped in original factory-applied shrink wrap and has never been touched by human hands.